Weighing the pros and cons of anything in life can be tough, but nothing should outweigh your comfort in the place you expect it the most: your home. Although your HVAC system is out of sight, it shouldn’t be out of mind when it comes to making sure it’s the right fit for your lifestyle.
One conundrum many homeowners face is whether to opt for an air conditioner or a heat pump. Let’s weigh the features and benefits of each to find out which is perfect for you and your family.
Pros of an Air Conditioner
- Lower upfront costs. Equally as fast and cost-effective way to cool your home today as with a heat pump.
- Pairs well while providing powerful cooling. If you already have an energy-efficient heating source in your home, choose an AC over a heating pump.
- More compact. ACs may fit into tighter spaces than heating pumps. If you’re worried about space, talk with an HVAC professional about the best AC for your home.
Pros of a Heat Pump
When shopping for a new HVAC system, consider the pros of a heat pump:
- Year-long use. A heating pump can cool your home during the summer and warm it in the winter.
- Good for the environment. A heating pump is a far better alternative than a more traditional heating source like oil. It’s considered one of the greenest ways of cooling and heating your home.
- Economical heating source. Since temperatures don’t drop below freezing very often in Columbus, Georgia, a heat pump can work as your primary heating source without the need for an additional heating system.